Monday, May 21, 2012

Gun Review-Walther PPQ 9mm



 I wrestled over it and decided to pick up the PPQ. Too many rave reviews to pass up! It really is the best feeling pistol in my hand that I've ever held. The trigger is just awesome from my dry fire experience. I am taking to the range today hopefully so a range report with follow.
[b]Ok Mini Range Report Time![/b]

Just took the PPQ to an indoor range close to my work. Put 130 rounds through it.

Not one malfunction of any kind.

This trigger is unreal for a striker fired pistol. Close to the 1911's I've shot. Much better than my Glock 19, M&P's,etc. It has a VERY short reset, making follow up shots easy and accurate. Double taps are cake!

The magazine release, which is on the trigger guard, not your typical push button, is actually very useful. I can drop a mag without releasing my grip using my trigger finger. Very nice

Sights are your typical 3 dot. The rear sight is kind of wide but I like that, helps me focus on the front site.

Accuracy-this gun is VERY accurate. For never having shot it before, I did very well. It's certainly more accurate than me. I consider myself to be a mediocre pistol shot.(Target to come after work)

It's got a very natural point of aim. Grip angle similar to the 1911 and my M&P's. I think I had the medium backstrap on and it seemed to be perfect.

Honestly I can' think of one negative thing to say about this gun, it's that good.
Ok one negative, it eats ammo to fast!! Good thing I started reloading! :)
Test target from the factory.15 meters

My first 15 rounds-7 yds


One of my better targets, minus the flyer!

[img width=640 height=425]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/wrxty/Guns/003-16.jpg[/img]



As of this post I have shot another 200 rounds or so with zero failures. The pistol is just get's more accurate with every range outing! If your in the market for a new 9mm, I HIGHLY recommend this gun. I give it a 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment