Monday, May 21, 2012

Gun Review-Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm



I recently picked up a M&P shield this weekend. Here are a few initial thoughts.


I've now got about 500 rounds through my Shield. All but 50 rounds have been my HP reloads.Not one malfunction. Here are a few thoughts.


Shooting
-Very soft recoil. Literally feels like shooting a full size 9. I shot the shield and my PPQ and I couldn't tell a difference. In comparision, the Kahr CM9 I own is alot more snappy.  The kel tec pf9 I owned was even snappier than the Kahr.
-Great trigger! It's about time. The M&P trigger needed work, and man this is a totally different trigger than the other M&P models I've owned. Much Improved. Has a very quick reset, almost as good as my PPQ, and that is saying alot!
-Accurate. 12 yds it was almost as accurate as my PPQ, which is known for being very accurate, and a full size gun!


Carrying


I've been carrying this gun since I bought it. It fits perfectly in the Remora holster I had for my CM9. It is apparent there is more weight than the CM9, but it still basically disappears in your waistband. I am average size too(5'9,185). Very nice to carry. Much more comfortable than a double stack 9 like the G26 and M&P9c(carried both).
-I actually think you can pocket this thing! I didn't think it possible, until I did it in Walmart wearing a pair of dockers! I normally carry IWB these days but when I have to tuck in a shirt I like to be able to pocket carry. 




The pocket holster I was using(uncle mike's size 3) worked, but it's too small. I picked up a Desantis Nemesis holster for a Walther PPS at Cabela's. Fit's the Shield perfectly. Much better than the Uncle Mike's Holster.


Overall I'm really glad I bought it. Sold my CM9 to my uncle today so I broke even! If your in the market for a sub-compact or pocket 9, you have to look at the Shield. I've owned 3 "pocket" 9's. The PF9, CM9, and now the Shield. I've also owned sub-compacts(g26, M&P9c). The Shield shoots like a double stack or even full size 9, but carries like the pf9 and cm9. IMO it's the best of both worlds! S&W really hit a home run with this one!

1 comment:

  1. I will suggest you to upload the missing images of guns with your content in order to attract visitors.

    ReplyDelete