Monday, May 21, 2012

Gear Review-Kaluban Cloak Holster for Walther PPQ w/Streamlight TLR-4

The Walther PPQ has quickly become one of the hottest pistols on the market today. The rave reviews found on Youtube and various gun forums have created a "cult" following of sorts for the pistol. While not as well known as say a Glock 19 or Smith and Wesson M&P, it outshines both pistols in many ways(see my review).

The only downfall of a relatively unknown pistol is the lack of aftermarket support for holsters and other accessories. I stumbled up this company, http://www.calsentllc.com/KalubanCloak.html while perusing google for holster makers for my PPQ. After reading a few reviews on some of my favorite gun forums I decided to take the plunge! A small caveat. I am cheap. I don't like spending a ton of money on gear, but I will spend the money when it comes to something like a good holster, especially one that is custom made. I wanted a weapon light on my PPQ. It's main duty is home defense. I grew fond of the Streamlight TLR-4(review to come).When I found that there was an option for the PPQ with the TLR-4 on their website, I was sold.

Most custom holtsers can take weeks and even months to receive. I've never been known as a patient man, especially when it comes to my gear. I want it and a I want it now! I had heard Kaluban Cloak had a quick turnaround, but I was simply floored when my holster arrived 5 days later. Yes, that's correct. 5 days for a custom holster!

The quality of this holster is amazing. Very well done. Rentention is great with or without the light attached. I wanted this holster for range duty and when I take pistol courses such as Front Sight. The Holster rides close to the body and I find it very comfortable. Would I wear it to conceal? Well first I find the PPQ too large for concealed carry. I prefer my Smith and Wesson Shield. However, the Kaluban Cloak keeps the hoslter close to the body allowing one to easily conceal if desired.

Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase. It wasn't cheap($85), but well worth the money. You get what you pay for and this is no exception to the rule. They have holsters for pretty much any make and model and are fully customizable. Check them out on here http://www.calsentllc.com/KalubanCloak.html  H Overall I give the holster an enthusiastic 10/10!


No comments:

Post a Comment