Friday, July 2, 2010

Traded the Lever Action for my Kel Tec Sub2k

Well that didn't last long! Went into Doug's today to see what they would give me on trade for my Browning lever action I aquired in trade for my Hipoint. Ended up trading straight across. Since I had the gun on layaway it made sense, plus I saved on tax that way. Good deal all around. Really excited to start tinkering with the kel-tec. Just ordered 2 33 round mags and 2 17 round mags. Nice thing is I was able to sell my g19 mags so Im out like $10 max. Pretty good deal!

Lately I've been wondering if having a scope on my AK is kinda pointless. The iron sights suck though. There is some good alternatives out there. Krebs and Mojo make peep style rear sights. I'm used to those so I think I might end up selling the rail and scope and getting one. The question is which one. The krebs is the most expensive but the AK guys swear by them. The mojo is a good option as is alot cheaper. For what I do I'm leaning towards the mojo.

http://www.mojosights.com/order.html-$39-59
http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml-$65

No comments:

Post a Comment