Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sub2k Project will begin shortly...

So I said I wouldn't move forward with this project until the Mosin was finished. Well the Mosin could technically be finished since it works just fine with my exisitng scout scope set up. Though after shooting it on friday I think I'm still going to go with the bent bolt sniper scope setup. Anyways, I ordered the quad rails for my sub2k, along with the Kel-Tec stock extension, and the tacticool solutions buffer tube cover and charging handle cover. I have some ideas so I thought if I don't put them here I may forget. I have the grip, flashlight, and laser I'm going to use, but I keep thinking about a red dot with a quick release mount so I can still fold the sub2k if neccessary. I think I've found the best solution. http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=303&categoryId=5. Alot of AK and AR guys use these red dots. I got the idea from this picture over on KTOG. This should allow for co-witness of the rear and front sights but is easily removable in order to fold the sub2k.  Another option would be this mount http://www.opticsplanet.net/nc-star-ar-riser-and-quick-release-weaver-mount-marfq.html, with this reflex sight. A vendor on KTOG is offering a few lucky people to test it out. http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mueller_1x22x33_Holographic_Sight_MQS12233MB_p/mqs12233mb.htm. The cost is about the same so it will come down to preference really.The grip, light, and laser will also allow for this.  It may be awhile for this setup due to the new sectional and tv stand I got for the new house! Im sure the wife will blog about that so I'll leave it at that.
Some more pics that have "inspired" me for my sub2k.

No comments:

Post a Comment